Houston police have confirmed the demise of Alexis Sharkey, also referred to as Alexis Leigh Robinault.
According to her family, Alexis Sharkey, 26, was a popular Houston Instagram influencer. She is originally from Pennsylvania.
Authorities said an investigation began Saturday after a City of Houston public works employee reported finding a naked woman’s body around 8 a.m. near the Katy Freeway. HPD detectives said the employee was driving when they saw feet in the bushes.
What we all know to this point:
- A Houston police detective on the case informed KPRC 2 that the 26-year-old has been positively recognized by her fingerprint. The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences recognized Alexis Sharkey.
- Houston Hearth Division paramedics have been referred to as to the scene. She was discovered alongside the facet of the street and had no seen wounds, based on police.
- Alexis Sharkey ’s explanation for demise has not been launched. The reason for demise is pending an post-mortem by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
- Houston police informed KPRC 2 her physique was discovered Saturday morning by a Houston Public Works worker. A information launch mentioned that she was discovered within the 1000 block of Pink Haw Road about 8:30 a.m. KPRC 2 is working to substantiate extra info and can carry it to you as we hear extra.
- Sharkey, a social media influencer, went lacking Friday.
- Her mom shared the information of Alexis Sharkey ’s disappearance and demise on social media.
- Anybody with info on this case is urged to contact the HPD Murder Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- A GoFundMe account has been created in Alexis Sharkey ’s reminiscence. Greater than $8,000 of a $15,000 goal has been raised as of this writing.